Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hybernation

Its been awhile since I blogged last, you could say I've been hibernating.

My latest state of inactivity and metabolic depression in order to survive the Midwest winter extremes has overwhelmed me since we parked "Harvey the RV". He got winterized and quietly awaits the arrival of spring.

I've gone through my own winterizing since October. First stage NESTING- by thoroughly cleaning house, then the STORING OF BODYFAT by consuming unnecessary quantities of sugary treats during the holidays, and finally COCOONING with layers of blankets and pillows while reading books. In particular I'm still reading James Michener's "Alaska", maybe not the best choice to take my mind off the long nights and cold hardships.

After the proverbial hump of daylight vs nighttime has passed and the January thaw is here I'm back to outdoor spas and enjoying blue skies. Something has just clicked.

What sparked my awakening to reenter the blogosphere was a DNR Monthly Phenology report. The Baby Bear Cubs are being born in their wintry dens. I just had to let you know.

Phenology is the study of plants and animals as they respond to weather, climate and seasons. 

So here's my response ONLY TWO MORE MONTHS TIL SPRING.

Another favorite site by the DNR is the Natural Area Spotlight. It features Wisconsin State Natural Areas, which are truly unique areas and special places to visit.

P.S. No bears in Perrot State Park, go figure, they do however occasionally show up in my neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. So good to see you out of hibernation and back in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete