Friday, June 15, 2018

Great River State Trail- Midway to Lytle's Landing


I bicycled another stretch of the Great River State Trail, from Midway to Lytle's Landing on Brice Prairie.






















The 6 miles paralleled another train track through property managed by the National Wildlife Refuge, past backyards of private property and through farm fields.











There are several lookouts provided along the way giving you the opportunity to view wildlife in lowlands of Brice Prairie.



























You also cross an number of small bridges over Halfway Creek and other small creeks. The trail alternates between sunny and shady. Don't stop too long in the shade since the mosquitos are waiting for you.















There's some quaint fishing shacks along the way.































You meet the nicest people along the way.


I stopped to walk for awhile since my seat hurt and passerbys stopped to see if I needed help.


Those DNR workers are the friendliest people.







Local signage gives you an update. I like the little martini glass graphics.
















So I survived my second outing. The only strange thing is my camera/phone was in my basket, taking photos and videos along the way. I guess everyone once to blog these days.









 



2 comments:

  1. I love the sign showing Petticoat Junction - a little remembered TV show.

    ReplyDelete