Monday, May 22, 2017

A few of my favorite things!

 Camping can be truly magical!









One of my favorite things about parks are the nature programs. The very welcoming staff and visitor center at Whitewater State Park made for an educational and enjoyable respite from the rain.

Fox Snake


 
 
 




We sat in on a lively presentation on snakes. The energy in the room was elevated by the boyscout troop camping in the park. Thank goodness for a calm naturalist and even calmer snake.


Bird Feeding Viewing Area




They have an awesome viewing area of birds at their feeders. So I had to try may hand at capturing some of the poses. Shooting through glass and rain.
Red Bellied Woodpecker

Red Breasted Grosbeak





Baltimore Oriole














Downy Woodpecker








Dove





























Bird Banding













Another program at the park featured bird banding. It was easy pickings for the licensed banders. I played secretary learning how to decode the band sizes, listing observations, noting brood patches and logging in band numbers.



Indigo Bunting










We also made time to shop at the Nature Store. After careful consideration I purchased this miniature hummingbird feeder. I don't know how well it will work, maybe I'll just convert it into a magnet for my collection.

Mini Hummingbird Feeder

 






No comments:

Post a Comment