Thursday, April 9, 2015

"Roadtrippers"

The Queen of RV travel recommended a new app for the purpose of planning RV trips. If she says it's wonderful, it probably is. So I had to find out for myself how "Roadtrippers" stacked up.


My excursion to Necedah National Wildlife Refuge was my next outing for a daytrip so why not try it. I just might like it. It wasn't too far from home so I didn't expect anything new to come up. But lo and behold the outing, to witness the mating dance of Sandhill Cranes, was surpassed by the most unusual and kinda creepy graveyard I've ever seen.

I bet that got your attention. This roadside attraction is easy to find. Just north of Sparta, WI on highway 21 is FAST Corporation. You'll recognize the property as you drive by because of the huge forms of animals and bodies strewn about the landscape. They actually are the fiberglass forms used in casting those humongous statues for advertising businesses or whatever. They ranged from elephants and dragons to water slides for kids.


Various Heads
FAST Co. stands for Fiberglass Animals, Shapes and Trademarks. They welcome visitors to browse and take photos. One of their projects many people from Wisconsin may recognize is the 145 foot long Musky in Hayward's Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame. Here's a few of my favorites.
Big Boy



Bat

Elephant


Hayward Hall of Fame

2 comments:

  1. What a great find! I now we will have to visit on one of our Miata trips. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you gave it a try. It's wonderful what oddball stuff is out there to see!

    ReplyDelete