Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Winged Guardians

I finally found HaRVey our RV, his very own special decoration for camping. Everytime we camp I'm eyeing up the neighbors unique style of setting their site apart from the rest. I knew I would know it when I saw it.

It of course had to be green and environmentally friendly. So how can you go wrong with a Balinese bamboo flag and a Flying Winged Spirit Guardian in the form of a frog.

As part of the Balinese culture mothers are very protective with their newborns. They may not even set them down on the earth for a while, always cradling them. The Flying Guardians are also sometimes called Cradle Guardians, which are positioned over the cradle keeping an eye on the baby. They are suppose to ward off evil spirits and keep the baby's soul on earth.

My new find comes from SUTRA global by design, a lovely import business in Dakota, MN run by a very special lady Kim Hammer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment