Tuesday, June 25, 2013

HorseShoe Falls

 
Entrance from Road
Perrot Park has it's own little waterfall called HorseShoe Falls located along the west road that runs through the park. It's created by the runoff from atop Brady's Bluff. Although dry in the summer, in early spring or during a lot of rain you can see water in the falls. Okay it's not Yosemite, but it does have it's own ambiance with moss laden rocks, cliff swallows and that lovely sound of rain. It's part of a protected area so please tread lightly when entering.

Sorry I had a video for the real effect but has some technical difficulties, loading. Will try later.



Horse Shoe Shape
Early Spring View of Entrance towards River

2 comments:

  1. I bet it has been running a lot more lately with all this rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they had a falls there....and I thought I'd probed into every corner of Perrot. I guess I'll need to revisit there our next visit.

    ReplyDelete