Monday, June 3, 2013

Tails from the Trail-Biking

Today my tail is a bit sore. I decided to take advantage of the free use day on the Great River State Bike Trail. I borrowed my husbands bicycle, just to see if I would like getting back in the saddle. I don't think it was a good fit. Much more difficult then I remembered.

Great River State Bike Trail
It lies just north of the park and can be accessed from the camp grounds. I've ridden before but hadn't ventured north of the park where it joins with the National Wildlife Refuge. So I took an early morning trip 2 miles to see what I could see.


Because the recent rains the main entrance was covered with water so I decided to continue my adventure another day.




Prairie Road Entrance







 Here's a sneak peak at what lies beyond.


Looks like heaven to me

No comments:

Post a Comment